- 2006 «Venia Docendi» in Social Epidemiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Zurich. Title: Beyond the individual Determinants of Health: The Significance of Social Environment on Alcohol Use. University of Zurich.
- Sc.D. 1997 Department of Maternal and Child Health (New name since 2003: Department of Society, Human Development, and Health and Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences since 2013), Harvard School of Public Health. Major Field: Maternal and Child Health. Minor Fields: Epidemiology and Biostatistics. Dissertation Title: Does Poverty Matter? Longitudinal Analysis of Children’s Behavior and emotional problem.
- M.S. 1993 Department of Maternal and Child Health, Harvard School of Public Health
- B.S. 1990 School of Nursing, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- 2008 Certificate for ‘Social Determinants of Health.’ University College London, International Institute for Society and Health (Directed by Dr. Michael Marmmot).
- 1997-1999 Maternal and Child Health and Psychiatric Epidemiology ,“The Project on Human Development in Chicago Neighborhoods.” Department of Maternal and Child Health, Harvard School of Public Health.
- 2001-2005 Research Scientist (Faculty appointment, equivalent Research Assistant Professor) Dept. of Society, Human Development and Health, Harvard School Of Public Health, Harvard University, U.S.
- 2006- Privat Dozent ( equivalent Associate Professor), Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Zurich
- 2008- PhD Supervisor, Swiss School of Public Health Plus
- 2014- Title Professor, Faculty of Medicine, University of Zurich
- 2016- Faculty member, PhD Program, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Life Science Zurich Graduate School
- 2017- Professeure ordinaire HES, Institut et Haute École de la Santé La Source Lausanne
- 2017-: Professeure ordinaire HES-SO, Institut et Haute Ecole de la Santé La Source Lausanne
- 2014-2017: Director of Competence Center for Mental Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Prevention Institute, University of Zurich
- 2008-: Leader of Research Unit: Mental Health and Social Epidemiology, Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine ( new name since 2013: Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Prevention Institute) University of Zurich
- 2004-: Senior Research Scientist, Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Zurich
- 2002-2004 Research Scientist, Addiction and Health Research Institute, University Zurich
- 2000-2005 Research Scientist and Scientific Director. ‘College Alcohol Study IV’, Harvard School of Public Health
- 1999-2000 Research Specialist. “College Alcohol Study III”, Harvard School of Public Health
- 1992-1997 Research assistant. Department of Maternal and Child Health & Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health
- 1991-1992 Research Coordinator. School of Nursing, National Taiwan University C.V. Mohler-Kuo. , Page 3
- 1991- American Public Health Association
- 2002- Public Health Schweiz
- 2003- Swiss Society of Psychiatric Epidemiology (Board of Director since 2012 )
- 2003- International Federation of Psychiatric Epidemiology
Frontiers in Public Health
- Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, Addiction, Statistics in Medicine, Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, American Journal of Preventive Medicine, Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health,Swiss Medical Weekly, Swiss National Science Foundation, Sucht, Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs, International Journal of Public Health,Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, Developmental Psychology, Medical Science, Substance Use and Abuse, Journal of Adolescent Health
- Panel Reviewer for Health 1117 call, 2016, Academy of Finland, Health Research Unit
- 2006- Lecture, Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Zurich
- 2008 Faculty Member / Supervisor, Leader of Course Module: Social Epidemiology and behavior science, Advanced Studies, University Professional in Insurance Medicine (Nachdiplomstudium University Professional Versicherungsmedizin), University of Basel
- 2009- Superviser of PhD Program, Swiss School of Public Health Plus, Doctor student: Michelle Dey, 07/2009-10/2012; Laura Werlen, 02.2016-
- 2014- Faculty Member, Swiss Master of Public Health, Leader of Course Module: Mental health
- Diploma at University Professional in Insurance Medicine, Basel. Dr med Daniel Meier, 2008-2010. Sportliche Betätigung von Senioren In Bern: Individuelle Faktoren, Angebot und Mittel, Erkenntnisse und Resourcen
- PhD Student:
1. Michelle Dey, 2009-2012
Institute of Psychology, University C.V. Mohler-Kuo. , Page 5
PhD Program, Swiss School of Public Health Plus
1) Dey, M., Landolt, M. A., & Mohler-Kuo, M. 2013. Assessing parent-child agreement in health-related quality of life among three health status groups. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol, 48(3): 503-511.
2) Dey, M., & Mohler-Kuo, M. 2013. An analysis of non-response in a Swiss national survey. Int J Public Health, 58(2): 323-326.
3) Dey, M., Mohler-Kuo, M., & Landolt, M. A. 2012. Health-related quality of life among children with mental health problems: a population-based approach. Health Qual Life Outcomes, 10(73): 1477-7525.
4) Dey, M., & Mohler-Kuo, M. 2013. An analysis of non-response in a Swiss national survey. Int J Public Health, 58(2): 323-326.
2. Laura Werlen: 02.2016- PhD Program in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Life Science Zurich Graduate School
• Dr. Michelle Dey: from 08. 2012- 09. 2013
• Dr. Natalia Éstevez- from 10. 2012-03.2014
• Dr. Simon Foster-from 09. 2012-12.2015
• Dr. Caroline Bähler-from 06. 2013-04.2014
• Dr. Jen Wang: from 05.2013-04.2014
• Dr. Raffaela Pitzurra 10.2015-
- Swiss Youth Epidemiological Study on Mental Health (S-YESMH), Principle Investigator, Swiss National Science Foundation, 01/2016-12/2018 (474’000 CHF)
- Text mining in support of psychiatric research: Overcoming fragmented knowledge (PsyMine), Principle Investigator, The cogito foundation, 09/2015-08/2017 (188’892 CHF)
- Cohort study on Substance Use Risk Factors (C-SURF)-continuation, Co-Investigator & Scientific Director at German-speaking site, 04/2014-03/2018, Cohort study of Swiss National Science Foundation (2.9 Million CHF)
- Cohort study on Substance Use Risk Factors (C-SURF), Co-Investigator & Scientific Director at German-speaking site, 03/2010-03/2014, Cohort study of Swiss National Science Foundation (4.5 Million CHF)
- Children with special health care needs in Switzerland: prevalence, health care utilization and social determinants, Principle Investigator, Swiss National Science Foundation, 08/2009-10/2012 (337’000 CHF)
- The prevalence of Eating Disorder in Switzerland, CO-Investigator & Project leader, Swiss Federal Office of Public Health, 11/2009-10/2011 (630’000 CHF)
- Optimus Study on Child Protection: Victimization and sexual abuse in Swiss Adolescents, CO-Investigator & Project leader, UBS Optimus Foundation, 05/2009-12/2011(1.3 Million CHF)
- Feasibility study of Abuse and Vicimization in Swiss Adolescents (AVISA), CO-Investigator & Project leader, UBS Optimus Foundation, 01/08/2008-04/2009 (300’000 CHF)
- Zurich Study of Children with Special Health Care Need, Principle Investigator, funded by Wyeth Foundation for the health of children and adolescents and Institution, 07/2007-06/2008 (50’000 CHF)
- Cumulative risk of Exposure to Hepatitis A Virus in the Population of Switzerland, CO-Investigator & Project leader University of Zurich and GlaxoSmithKline, 01/11/2005-30/09/2006 (113’000 CHF)
- Bestärkung von Netzwerkärztinnen und Ärzten im Adipositas-Management,(General practitioners’ attitudes, knowledge and practice towards overweight management in urban physicians networks in Switzerland. ) Swiss Academy of Medical Science. CO-Investigator & Project leader, 01/11/2005-31/12/2007 (2’0000 CHF)